About Us

Incorporated in 1951 as the Friends of Old Pine Street, Old Pine Conservancy (OPC) is a 501(c)(3) organization registered in Pennsylvania as a non-profit charitable corporation. Its mission: to support the preservation and protection of the graveyard; maintenance and preservation of the church building envelope; conservation of the historic artifacts associated with Old Pine; to develop educational tours and materials about the graveyard and the building’s architecture; compile stories about people buried in the graveyard, and, (in many cases) document their lives and the circumstances of their deaths.

 

Funding for The Conservancy’s preservation projects primarily comes from modest unsolicited private contributions, occasional donations from tourists and others enjoying tours led by a member of the Conservancy and the Adopt a Revolutionary War Soldier program. OPC actively seeks funding from foundations and government resources as well as individuals and private historical organizations as part of both long and short term planning.